IX-INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF ARCHITECTURAL, CIVIL ENGINEERING AND DESIGN SCHOOLS OF EURASIA
IX-INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF
ARCHITECTURAL, CIVIL ENGINEERING AND DESIGN SCHOOLS OF EURASIA
The festival was held in the cities of Tashkent, Samarkand and Bukhara (Uzbekistan) within the November 14-18, 2019. The following higher educational institutions acted as co-organizers:
1. Tashkent Institute of Architecture and Civil Engineering (TASI)
2. Samarkand State Institute of Architecture and Civil Engineering. M. Ulugbek (SamGASI)
3. Bukhara Engineering Technological Institute (BITI)
In 2019 the IX-th International Festival of Architectural, Civil Engineering and Design Schools of Eurasia participated 19 countries of Eurasia. 552 best graduation projects were exhibited at the International Review Competition.
The festival was attended by representatives of 83 universities and organizations (49 of them full-time and 34 in absentia) from 19 countries: Kazakhstan, Russia, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, the United Arab Emirates, Hungary, Ukraine, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Romania, Georgia, Uzbekistan, Armenia (in absentia) , Israel (in absentia), South Korea (in absentia), Lithuania (in absentia), Netherlands (in absentia), Italy (in absentia), Bulgaria (in absentia).
The program of the Festival included five main events: opening; summing up the competition; signing agreements between universities; excursions in the city of Tashkent and historical places of Samarkand and Bukhara; Official ceremony of handing diplomas to the international competition winners.
The honorary guests of the Festival were:
• Deputy Minister of Construction of the Republic of Uzbekistan Erkin Iskandarov;
• Vice Minister of Environment and Urban Planning of Turkey Mücahit Demirtaş;
• Academician of RAASN, People's Architect of the Russian Federation, Honorary Professor of KazGASA Alexander Kudryavtsev;
• General Secretary of TURKSOY Dusen Kasseinov;
• General Secretary of the Union of Engineers and Architects of the Turkic World Iyas Demirci;
• Mayor of Sakarya (Turkey) Erkem Yuce;
• Rector of TASI Ravshan Hakimov;
• President of KazGASA Amirlan Kussainov;
• Rector of SamGASI Sulton Akhmedov;
• Rector of Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering Yuri Skolubovich;
• Rector of the Kyrgyz State University of Construction, Transport and Architecture named after N. Isanov Akymbek Abdykalykov;
• Vice-rector of Volgograd State Technical University Sergey Kalashnikov;
• Honorary professor of KazGASA, professor of TASI Erkin Kasimov;
• Honorary rector of Ivanovo State Technical University Robert Aloyan.
Organizers presented a film about the Festival and announced the countries of the X-International Festival - Russia and the XI-International Festival - South Korea. Before the opening of the festival, an exhibition-presentation of significant projects of the Union of Architects and Engineers of the Turkic World (Turkey), an exhibition of photographs "The Capitals of the Turkic World" TURKSOY and an exhibition of universities participating in the International Festival were held. At the opening students from Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan performed with concert numbers on the national instruments of their countries - dombra and dudar.
After the official opening ceremony of the IX-International Festival the rectors of the participating universities signed a series of cooperation agreements between universities and organizations. In the afternoon a tour around the city of Tashkent was organized for the participants.
In a festive atmosphere diplomas of the I, II and III degrees were awarded to diplomats of the IX-th International Competition during a gala dinner in the restaurant La Piola. The presentation was combined with a concert program prepared by the organizers - Kazakh songs in dombra, Uzbek songs and dances, as well as a demonstration by TASI students of a collection of graduation works from the Kazakh Leading Academy of Architecture and Civil Engineering (KazGASA) - “Аққа құдай жaқ” and Almaty Technological University (ATU) - "Magic of the Steppe".
On November 16, 2019 participants of the IX-th International Festival in Samarkand were met by the Samarkand State Institute of Architecture and Civil Engineering named after M. Ulugbek led by rector Sulton Akhmedov. Participants were greeted at the station by playing the famous folk brass instrument - karnay as well as SamGASI students with national sweets and cakes.
In the morning guests took part in the presentation of the IX-International Festival and the Union of Engineers and Architects of the Turkic World at the Samarkand Youth Union. The festival participants witnessed the signing of a cooperation agreements by the measures of the cities of Samarkand (Uzbekistan) and Sakarya (Turkey). After the presentation the rector of SamGASI and the rector of the participating universities signed cooperation agreements between the universities.
In the afternoon there was a tour around the historical places of Samarkand where we got acquainted with the history of one of the oldest cities in Central Asia. The day ended with a 3D laser show in the heart of Samarkand on Registan Square, where on the walls of the ancient Madrasah we saw a stunning sight that did not leave anyone indifferent.
On November 17, 2019 the participants of the IX-International Festival arrived in Bukhara, where we were met by the rector of BITI Nusrat Barakaev. Thanks to the staff and teachers of the Bukhara Engineering and Technology Institute we got acquainted with the pearls of the historical part of the city and visited unique historical sights. The next day an exhibition was organized at BITI, participants got acquainted with the material and technical base of the university and their achievements. An official meeting with the faculty and students of BITI was opened by the city’s hokim (mayor) Karim Zhamolov. The event ended with the signing of cooperation agreements between BITI and the rectors of the participating universities.
Throughout the days of the IX-th International Festival in Uzbekistan both by the Ministry of Construction of Uzbekistan and colleagues from the Tashkent Institute of Architecture and Civil Engineering, Samarkand State Institute of Architecture and Civil Engineering and the Bukhara Engineering and Technology Institute we saw special attention and were completely immersed in the atmosphere of unmatched hospitality, an amazing acquaintance with the history, traditions and customs of the Uzbek people. This festival will remain in our memory as a colorful, vibrant and eventful oasis, events and new acquaintances!
The IX-th International Festival of Architectural, Civil Engineering and Design Schools of Eurasia was held at a high level thanks to the employees of universities, our co-organizers:
1. Rajabov Sharaf Sharofovich, Head of the International Department, Ministry of Construction of the Republic of Uzbekistan
2. Nigmadzhanova Anzirat, Head of the International Department, TASI
3. Reyimbaev Shuhrat, Dean of the Faculty of Architecture, TASI
4. Aliyev Islam, Dean of the Faculty of Construction, TASI
5. Norbaev Nusrat, Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Construction Communications, TASI
6. Mamanazarov Oybek, Dean of the Faculty of Construction Management, TASI
7. Rakhimov Aziz, Vice-rector for Academic Affairs, SamGASI
8. Khojiev Shuhrat, Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, BITI
9. Gaibullaev Farhod, Vice Rector for Finance, BITI
10. Mirzaev Shamsiddin, Dean of the Faculty of Architecture, BITI